FREE – Quick & Easy Peasy: Speedy Snail
Speedy, Speedy Snail!
Try our Quick & Easy Peasy series of lessons for FREE!
Easy Peasy Level:
- Drawing Skills
Develop your drawing and cartooning skills with this simple artwork from our Quick & Easy Peasy series.
Quick & Easy Peasy:
Our Quick & Easy Peasy lessons are simple little artworks that you can create in a few minutes with minimum materials and preparation. They are great for developing your drawing and cartooning skills.
You will need:
- White paper
- Pencil or black felt marker
Creating your artwork:
Place your paper landscape style.
- Draw an anti-clockwise swirl as shown. Start small and get bigger as you go. Finish drawing where we have stopped ours.
- Complete the snail’s shell as shown. Then add a curved line from the back of the shell to begin the drawing of the body.
- Draw the remainder of the body. Think of it as a curved finger shape. Don’t forget to make the line on the bottom of the body look a little wiggly!
- Now draw the two eyes on top of some stalks. Hint: Make the eye closer a little larger to make the eyes appear that they are on different sides of the body.
- To make your snail look like it is going very fast, Draw 3 groups of 3 different length horizontal lines behind the snail as shown. The add a squiggly slime trail and little clouds of dust.
- To complete your snail, add curved lines for shadow on the shell and then dots for shadows on the body.
What do you like about your artwork? What would you do differently next time?