Quick & Easy Peasy: Flamingo
Everyone loves a Flamingo!
Easy Peasy Level:Beginner
- Drawing Skills
Description:Develop your drawing and cartooning skills with this simple artwork from our Quick & Easy Peasy series.
Quick & Easy Peasy:Our Quick & Easy Peasy lessons are simple little artworks that you can create in a few minutes with minimum materials and preparation. They are great for developing your drawing and cartooning skills.
You will need:
- White paper
- Pencil or black felt marker
Creating your artwork:Place your paper landscape or portrait style.
- In the middle of the page, draw two curved lines as shown. Make sure that you leave the gaps between the two lines.
- Join the two lines with three long, pointy smile-shaped lines for feathers. Then add a wing in the middle of the body, also with three feathers.
- To the left of the body, add a large googly eye as shown. Make sure to leave enough space for the head and neck. Then add an arrow shaped line for the start of the beak. Make it wider than the eye. Also see how our arrow is slightly curved.
- Carefully add the beak as shown. Getting the shape of the beak right is important if it is to look like a flamingo! Then add two curved lines for the head.
- Colour the tip of the beak black. Then add the second googly eye. Complete this step by adding the neck. Try and make the neck the same thickness all the way around.
- Complete your flamingo by adding two long, skinny legs (don't forget the knees!) and small curved lines for feathers. Finally, add water under the legs and a little more behind the flamingo to add depth to the drawing.
Consent to display content from Youtube
Consent to display content from Vimeo
Consent to display content from Google